European Digital Rights (EDRi) is an international not-for-profit association of 42 digital human rights organisations. We defend and promote rights and freedoms in the digital environment, such as the right to privacy, personal data protection, freedom of expression, and access to information.
Join EDRi now and become a superhero for the defense of our rights and freedoms online!
The EDRi Brussels office is currently looking for an intern to support Senior Communications Manager, Campaigns and Communications Manager, and Community Coordinator. The internship will focus on social media, publications, campaigning, press work, and the production of written materials. The intern will also assist in tasks related to community coordination.
The internship will begin in September 2019 and go on for 4-6 months. You will receive a monthly remuneration of minimum 750 EUR (according to “convention d’immersion professionnelle”).
- maintaining social media accounts: drafting posts, creating visuals, engaging with followers, monitoring
- contributing to drafting and editing of press releases and briefings, newsletter articles, and supporter mailings
- maintaining mailing lists for press distribution, newsletter and supporter mailings
- layouts and editing of visual (and audiovisual) materials
- updating and analysing communications statistics and visibility in media
- assisting in event organisation
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- experience in social media community management and publications
- photo editing skills
- excellent skills in writing and editing
- fluent command of spoken and written English
- video editing skills
- experience in journalism, media or public relations
- interest in online activism and campaigning for digital human rights
How to apply:
To apply please send a maximum one-page cover letter and a maximum two-page CV (only PDFs are accepted) by email to heini >dot< jarvinen >at< edri >dot< org. Closing date for applications has been extended until 22 July 2019. Interviews with selected candidates will take place during the last two weeks of July.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to transparency and inclusion. We strive to have a diverse and inclusive working environment. We encourage individual members of groups at risk of racism or other forms of discrimination to apply for this post.