EDRi-gram 14.02, 27 January 2016
- TiSA: European Parliament ready to defend digital rights?
- ECHR decision on workplace surveillance
- Member Spotlight: Bits Of Freedom
- Italian Constitutional Court avoids decision on blocking
- Academics under attack in Turkey
- ENDitorial: Progress for encryption & rule of law
- James Bamford: The Espionage Economy - U.S. firms are making billions selling spyware to dictators.
- Access Now, EDRi on data protection: “No Safe Harbour 2.0 without reform on both sides of the Atlantic”
- EPIC v. DOJ: EPIC Prevails, DOJ Releases Secret EU-US Umbrella Agreement
"The Open Web Fellows program — a collaboration between the Ford Foundation and Mozilla — is an international leadership initiative that brings together the best emerging technology talent and civil society organizations to protect the open Web."https://advocacy.mozilla.org/open-web-fellows/
Applications will open on 1 February and close on 20 March – watch Mozilla’s website for updates.
Access Now has launched a campaign that enables you to easily submit a "boarding pass" to members of the EU parliament urging them to say “No” to the EU PNR Directive.https://act.accessnow.org/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=1921&ea.campaign.id=46765&ea.tracking.id=tile
04.02.2016 FOSDEM 2017Brussels, Belgium
22.02.2016 Civil society EU-wide meeting on CETA and TTIPBrussels
25.02.2016 Living On The Edge 5: Fail # unFailBrussels, Belgium
02.03.2016 Blockchain: regulatory technology or technology to regulate?Brussels
03.03.2016 Civil Society 4.0 – Refugees and Digital Self OrganizationBerlin
03.03.2016 Internet Freedom FestivalValencia, Spain