EDRi-gram 15.12, 14 June 2017
- UN Rapporteur demands respect for freedom of expression online
- Access to e-evidence: Inevitable sacrifice of our right to privacy?
- Commission’s waiting game: Gambling with freedom of information
- Internet clampdown - convenient distraction from political turmoil?
- Running an algorithmic empire: The human fabric of Facebook
- Consumer Committee rejects upload filter but fails on “link tax”
- #ALTwitter privacy revelation: European parliamentarian goes bananas
- ENDitorial: AVMSD – the “legislation without friends” Directive?
- An assessment of the Commission’s Proposal on Privacy and Electronic Communications
- Who Are the Shadow Brokers?
- Self-regulation of internet intermediaries: public duty versus private responsibility
- Dutch-Russian cyber crime case reveals how the police taps the internet
- Social media intelligence and profiling in the insurance industry…
- Is “I forget” a valid defense when court orders demand a smartphone password?
Take control over the traces you leave behind online and make sure your personal information is as secure as possible. Check out these tips for protecting your privacy online, or join a free hands-on workshop at the PrivacyCafé in Brussels on 28 June 2017: https://www.privacytraining.org/en/public-events/https://www.wnyc.org/story/privacy-paradox-tip-sheet/
Join us for the webinar "European arena of digital rights - opportunities for cooperation and funding" on 21 June 2017!https://mev.clickmeeting.com/424899835/register
21.06.2017 Webinar: European arena of digital rights – opportunities for cooperation and funding
23.06.2017 EDRi network gatheringVienna, Austria
28.06.2017 Privacy Training Center’s PrivacyCaféBrussels, Belgium
30.06.2017 npbbxl 4.4: Net politics meet-upBrussels, Belgium
14.07.2017 Digital-born Media CarnivalKotor, Montenegro
19.07.2017 Data Investigation CampPerast, Montenegro