EDRi-gram 15.5, 8 March 2017
- Danish Defence Intelligence Service will get access to PNR data
- The tale of the fight for transparency in the EU Internet Forum
- Is Telefónica offering real transparency and control?
- Denmark: Our data retention law is illegal, but we keep it for now
- German intelligence agency violates freedom of the press
- Net neutrality & privacy - Europe’s way of trumping destructionism?
- People with disabilities do not want just any Accessibility Act
- Audiovisual Media Services Directive - good enough to be a law?
- Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media
- Gendering Surveillance: An Introduction
- Combating “Fake News” With a Smartphone “Proof Mode”
- Public artworks and the freedom of panorama controversy: a case of Wikimedia influence
- Journalists in jeopardy: Media workers silenced through violence and arrest in 2016
Freedom of expression is under unprecedented pressure, even in countries with a long tradition of democracy. The Center for Media, Data and Society at the Central European University, Budapest, and SHARE Foundation, Novi Sad, are launching a “hybrid-style” course to tackle the challenges that come with publishing in the public interest. Applications for this intensive two-day workshop in Belgrade are open until 31 March.http://www.shareconference.net/en/news/european-journalism-digital-age-training-course-applications-now-open
Watch and share this video that explains which ones of your rights and freedoms are under attack by the Article 13 of the new European copyright proposal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAcTeYtUzQY, and call the European Parliament to appeal for a meaningful copyright reform!https://savethememe.net/
08.03.2017 Internet Freedom Festival 2017Valencia, Spain
15.03.2017 G20 Consumer Summit – Building a digital world that consumers can trustBerlin, Germany
24.03.2017 EDRi General AssemblyAmsterdam, the Netherlands
29.03.2017 RightsCon Brussels 2017Brussels, Belgium
03.04.2017 2nd International Conference on the Right of Freedom of Expression in the Digital AgeNicosia, Cyprus
22.04.2017 Quadrature Communication Camp 2017Paris, France