EDRi-gram 16.12, 13 June 2018
- Censorship – don’t look left or right, look ahead, look behind!
- EU Censorship Machine: Legislation as propaganda?
- Civil society calls for protection of communications confidentiality
- Wiretapping & data access by foreign courts? Why not?
- ePrivacy for Children: What is Data Protection Culture?
- Litigation against the Danish government over data retention
- EU - Japan trade agreement undermines algorithmic transparency
- Xnet: Opposing guarded access to institutional information
- 12 days of digital rights in Brussels. Was it Christmas?
- Analysis and recommendations for key modifications in the draft EC Directive for the Protection of Whistleblowers
- EU plans to include fingerprints in identity cards are unjustified and unnecessary
Join us and convince your representatives in the European Parliament to oppose a censored internet, ruled by automated algorithms under the control of internet giants - We have 1 week left TO ACT against the Censorship Machine. Read more on EDRi's website:
The European Commission has published a short “consultation” on countering “illegal” content online, with a deadline of 25th June to respond. In order to ensure at least a little balance in outcome of the consultation, EDRi has prepared an “answering guide” to help you respond as an individual. You can find EDRi's guide here: https://edri.org/consultation_illegalcontent.html
16.08.2018 BornHack 2018Bornholm, Denmark
21.09.2018 “Das ist Netzpolitik!” Conference #14npBerlin, Germany
21.09.2018 Freedom not FearBrussels, Belgium
22.09.2018 Symposium Datenspuren 2018Dresden, Germany
28.09.2018 Data Ethics ForumCopenhagen, Denmark
28.09.2018 #FIfFKon18 Brave New WorldBerlin, Germany