EDRi-gram 11.24, 18 Dec 2013
- Advocate General condemns massive storage of communications data
- France: Real-time interception of e-communications by security forces
- EU Data protection regulation stalled again
- Italian telecom authority gets the power to block websites
- Romania: re-criminalising defamation?
- Leaked proposal for EU-US trade deal increases business power in decision-making (16.12.2013)
- NSA uses advertisers’ cookies to track specific web browsers - report (11.12.2013)
- LobbyControl accuses EU of censoring data retention debate (8.12.2013)
- Commission launches pilot to open up publicly funded research data (16.12.2013)
- A million first steps (12.12.2013)
Deadline: 5 February 2013http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/consultations/2013/copyright-rules/index_en.htm
If you are interested in privacy and surveillance then please take 15 minutes or less to fill up the questionnaire below.http://bit.ly/surveyrespectproject
This survey is part of RESPECT – a collaborative project with
researchers from 21 institutions in 15 countries, co-funded by the
European Union under the FP7 programme. As a multilingual web-based
questionnaire, it aims to gather the views of citizens from all
countries of the EU about the cost, convenience and success of
surveillance in the reduction, detection and prosecution of crimes.
The project results will be put in the public domain on the RESPECT
website in 2015 and the raw data itself would be put in the public domain for all to use in 2017.
All responses for the survey are anonymous and no personal details such as your name, e-mail address or IP address will be processed.
27.12.2013 30C3 – 30th Chaos Communication CongressHamburg, Germany
21.01.2014 Pre-CPDP annual NGO event on privacy & surveillanceMicrosoft Executive Briefing Center, Rue Montoyer 51, 1000 Brussels
22.01.2014 CPDP 2014: Reforming data protection: The Global PerspectiveBrussels, Belgium
01.02.2014 FOSDEM 2014Brussels, Belgium
18.02.2014 Really Open EducationBrussels, Belgium
28.02.2014 Freedom of Information under Pressure. Control – Crisis – CultureVienna, Austria