EDRi is looking for an intern to support our advocacy team, located in Brussels. The internship will go from January to mid-July 2017, and is paid 750,- EUR per month.
European Digital Rights (EDRi) is an international non-profit association of 31 digital civil rights organisations from across Europe. We defend and promote rights and freedoms in the digital environment, such as the right to privacy, freedom of expression, and access to information.
Join EDRi now and become a superhero for the defense of our rights and freedoms online!
- Research and analysis on a range of policy topics;
- Monitoring international, EU and national related policy developments;
- Organising and participating in meetings and events;
- Assisting with writing of the EDRi-gram newsletter;
- Assisting with preparing draft reports, presentations and other internal and external documents;
- Assisting with preparing communication tasks;
- Development of public education materials.
- Find out more about internships at EDRi
- A demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for human rights and technology-related legal issues;
- Knowledge of EDRi’s key issues: EU data protection and privacy laws, copyright reform, intermediary liability, trade agreements, etc. are a plus;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Fluent command of spoken and written English;
- Computer literacy.
How to apply:
To apply please send a maximum one page cover letter and a maximum two page CV in English and as pdf (other formats will not be accepted) to michela.petruzzo(at)edri.org
We welcome and encourage applications from all parts of our society!
The closing date for applications is the 30 November 2016. The interviews take place 5-9 December 2016, starting date is 4 January.