European Digital Rights (EDRi) is an international not-for-profit association of 42 digital human rights organisations from across Europe. We defend and promote rights and freedoms in the digital environment, such as the right to privacy, freedom of expression, and access to information.
Join EDRi now and become a superhero for the defence of our rights and freedoms online!
The EDRi office in Brussels is currently accepting applications for an intern to support our policy team. This is your opportunity to get first-hand experience in EU policy-making and contribute to a change in favour of digital rights and freedoms across Europe. The internship will go from 15 September (or 1 October) to 31 March and is remunerated minimum 750 EUR per month (according to “convention d’immersion professionnelle”).
- Conducting research and analysis on topics such as data protection, privacy, net neutrality, intermediary liability and freedom of expression, encryption, cross-border access to data and digital trade
- Drafting regular internal policy updates for the EDRi network
- Monitoring international, EU and national policy developments
- Organising and participating in meetings and events
- Supporting the creation of the EDRi-gram newsletter
- Assisting in the preparation of draft reports, presentations and other internal and external documents
- Supporting EDRi’s day-to-day office management
- Developing public education materials
- Demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for human rights and technology-related legal issues
- Good understanding of European policy-making
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Fluent command of spoken and written English
- Computer literacy
- Experience in the fields of data protection, privacy, copyright, net neutrality, intermediary liability and freedom of expression, surveillance and law enforcement, or digital trade is an asset
Read about previous internship experiences at EDRi here.
How to apply:
To apply please send a maximum one-page cover letter and a maximum two-page CV in English and only as pdf files (other formats such as doc and docx will not be accepted) to jan >dot< penfrat >at< edri >dot< org.
The closing date for applications is 22 July 2019. The interviews and written assignments will take place between 26-30 August 2019. Please note that due to limited resources only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to transparency and inclusion. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and we strive to have a diverse and inclusive working environment.