Access Now is hiring for a Grants and Contracts Manager
Access Now is a growing international human rights organisation dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, including issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and transparency. Their policy, advocacy, technology, and operations teams have staff presences in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to their mission. Check out their open vacancies.
The Grants and Contracts Manager plays a key role with both the finance and development teams of our growing, global organization. The Grants and Contracts Manager leverages their financial management experience with grants within international/global nonprofits, and collaborates across the Organization to ensure smooth and timely grant processing, grant reporting, grant allocation, accurate spending against grants budgets, and compliance with funder requirements and applicable laws.
What you will do
- Coordinate all financial reporting aspects of Access Now’s grants by working closely with accountants to allocate expenses to specific funders according to budget and need.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports for donors to Director of Finance, Global and Development Director to meet rolling deadlines across all funding relationships.
- Review all incoming grant agreements for their financial requirements to provide advice on their application, feasibility, and practical implementation.
- Work with directors and managerial staff to ensure that they understand and comply with funders’ terms and conditions as set out in grant agreements.
- Lead and manage the maintenance of financial documents for funding agreements (Master Grant Tracker, Disbursement Schedules, Disbursement Requests, Financial reports and other G&C specific files) and help us continue to build strong internal processes which intersect with the Development team.
- Analyze and report on general ledger account activity for variances from budget.
- Support Financial Controller (& Director of Finance) on audits and agreed-upon-procedures as needed, reviewing documentation and drafting responses to audit questions(reviewed/finalized by Controller and/or DOF).
- Work with the Controller’s group on the preparation of a periodic and annual restricted revenue release schedule .
- Support decision-making on grant expenses in coordination with the Development Director and team, interpreting whether the expense is appropriate and allowable within the grant framework, budget, goals, and general conditions
- Work closely with our EU counterparts to align and ensure financial reporting and compliance obligations as they relate to grant revenue and expenses
- Keep abreast of accounting pronouncements and industry best practices with respect to revenue recognition and grant financial reporting for not-for-profits
- Pursue additional training in grant management requirements/regulations, as needed
- Perform administrative tasks (information management, maintenance of financial aspects of grant files, document destruction, etc.) as needed