Android/Python contractors for the Guardian Project
Guardian Project is seeking Android/Python contractors for mobile/free software/privacy work!
About Guardian Project
Guardian Project creates easy to use secure apps, open-source software libraries, and customized solutions that can be used around the world by any person looking to protect their communications and personal data from unjust intrusion, interception and monitoring.
Guardian project is looking for self-motivated, free software hackers to work with Guardian Project on privacy and internet freedom for mobile devices. Our work is 100% free software and we have a steady stream of projects that tie into F-Droid, Tor, IPFS, Debian, and censorship circumvention. We work to support people and communities around the world. This is a flexible, remote position but we also like to work in person when possible.
About the role
- Have at least a few years of experience with native Android development and/or Python.
- Demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively.
- Understand public, free software workflows
- Are proactive and self-directed.
- Fluent in Git.
Bonus points for
- Ruby/Go/C/Rust skills
- Debian (and derivatives)
- Experience with GitLab and its API
- Understanding privacy implications of metadata
- Life experiences that are underrepresented in tech work
- Fluency in more than one language
- User research and UX design
- Blogging and writing
More details regarding this role can be found here.