Digital Action is looking for a Campaigns Adviser on democracy and technology to help bring people and ideas together in collaborations to challenge the power of Big Tech.
June 20, 2021
- Digital Action is looking for a Campaigns Adviser on democracy and technology to help bring people
and ideas together in collaborations to challenge the power of Big Tech.
- The successful candidate can be based anywhere in a time-zone that is Central European Time +/-
- Application Deadline: Sunday 20th June 2021.
- Digital Action values diversity. We have developed a recruitment process that we hope will be
inclusive, for instance we share our budget information for the role, use ‘blind’ shortlisting, and
ensure diverse interview panels. We are constantly striving to learn and improve in this regard.
- Digital Action is a new project, formed in 2019. We receive funding from Luminate, Unbound
Philanthropy and the Ford, MacArthur and Open Societies Foundations, and are fiscally sponsored
by the New Venture Fund (NVF).
About Digital Action
Digital Action bring people and ideas together to strengthen democracy in a digital age.
Democracy and human rights can thrive in the digital age, but only if we work together to ensure it is the
people writing the rules, not unaccountable Big Tech.
In this digital age, the rules and norms of democracy are being transformed, and it is Big Tech that is
rewriting them, not the people. These companies, with staggering power and little accountability, are
reshaping the way democracies work, simply to boost their advertising revenues. The result is a democratic
experience, particularly online, that is toxic and unreliable, inflaming divisions and intensifying inequalities.
But we are not powerless in this. Together, we can build a new era of accountability.
For more information see Digital Action’s website here.