Digital Action is hiring for a Global Campaigns Manager
Digital Action is a globally connected campaigning organisation established in 2019 to protect democracy and human rights from digital threats. We are collaborative campaigners, catalysing movements that will protect people across the world from digital harms.
Hours of work
30 - 37.5 hours per week
The Global Campaigns Manager will be a critical role within Digital Action’s global campaigns
team to ensure the delivery of our global campaigns, in particular our new 2024 Global Year
of Democracy campaign. The Global Campaigns Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the development and leading delivery of high impact, collaborative
and creative global campaigns on tech accountability, which deliver benefits for the
global majority and communities affected by online harms.
- Building and leading a global coalition for the 2024 Global Year of Democracy
campaign, involving a large number of global majority and international civil society
- Mobilising a range of stakeholders and tactics towards the achievement of campaign
- Providing knowledge and strategic insights on tech, democracy and human rights
issues and communities as well as running impactful, collective campaigns.
External Relations and Partnerships
- Building and maintaining relationships with a diverse range of partners and
collaborators, including civil society and grassroots organisations and networks, think
tanks, journalists, and technologists.
- Associating civil society networks working on allied themes and objectives.
- Producing campaigns research and communications outputs to a high professional
standard (including reports, briefings, social media comms).
- Building relationships with campaign stakeholders for the achievement of campaign
goals, such as experts, policymakers and institutional or quasi-institutional actors like
international election monitors.
- Liaising with campaign targets including policymakers and Big Tech companies.
- ContribuCollaborating and coordinating actively and effectively with our regional
Campaigns and Partnerships Managers for Middle East and North Africa, sub-Saharan
Africa, and Latin America, as well as our US Stakeholder and Media Engagement
adviser in order to deliver the 2024 Global Year of Democracy campaign.
- Engaging actively in monitoring, learning and evaluation of programmes of work, and
donor reporting of activities.
- Managing consultants, contractors or junior staff to deliver projects.
- Supporting in the running of a growing, fast-moving organisation. As a small
organisation, everyone is expected to pitch in with a range of tasks that will change
over time, including contributing to fundraising reports and meetings, maintaining
contact databases and developing and maintaining new frameworks to monitor and
evaluate our work.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and applicants are
encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. Please see the application