Director of Research vacancy at Pollicy
Pollicy is currently looking for a visionary Director of Research (DoR) to manage their global research activities.
$3,250-3,500/Month plus benefits
Hours of work
Pollicy is a portmanteau that stems from Opinion polling and Policy making. Pollicy was founded and registered in 2016 with a mandate to redesign service delivery for citizens.
Ideal candidates are ambitious and performance-oriented with exceptional people skills. The Director of Research will oversee and supervise their numerous research projects with expert knowledge of a broad variety of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. This involves designing research projects, implementing research methodologies, quality assurance of data collected, editing reports, working with designers for report outputs, dissemination of research work, coordinating with partners on activities and launches etc.
To apply, you must be:
1. Within +3 hours or -3 hours of East African Time zone.
2. You must have at least 10 years of research experience
3. You must identify as a feminist researcher
4. You must be proficient and have prior experience in quantitative/qualitative research methodologies.
- 10+ years of experience as Director of Research, Research Manager, Researcher or similar position.
- Knowledge of different research methodologies.
- Substantial work experience in relevant sectors and context, ideally in an international not for profit organization, namely working on digital platforms, data, technology, ICTs etc.
- Experience of managing or supporting the delivery of large multi-year, multi-country grant funded programmes.
- Substantial experience and knowledge in managing a remote team, mentorship and contributing to the growth of junior staff.
- Working knowledge of data analysis, visualisation and protection.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Degree agnostic.
- English Fluency is required, French is a plus!
Read more about this role here.