FSFE is hiring for a Policy Intern
The Free Software Foundation Europe is a charity that empowers users to control technology. Software is deeply involved in all aspects of our lives and it is important that technology empowers rather than restricts us. Free Software gives everybody the right to use, understand, adapt, and share software. These rights help support other fundamental freedoms like freedom of speech, press, and privacy.
Hours of work
35 hours per week for 6 months
FSFE is looking for an intern
You will support the FSFE’s activities and work closely with our team. We will make sure to offer our interns the opportunity to learn about Free Software and while supporting carrying out advocacy activities, the person will also be able to meet and work with our vibrant community across Europe. This position will take place in our FSFE Berlin office, 35 hours per week for a six month period.
- Support FSFE policy projects like Public Money? Public Code!
- Conduct background research in the fields of politics, administrations, and economy
- Assist our policy team with formulating policy positions on various issues
- Communicate with contacts from the FSFE community, NGOs, industry, and public administrations
- Work together with volunteers in various projects
- You will participate and help organising events around Europe
- General office tasks
- Background in political or social science, or related field
- A knowledge of the EU legislative process is an advantage
- Excellent spoken and written English, other European languages are considered an asset