Logically is hiring for a Deputy Editor
Logically Facts works to reduce the individual, institutional, and societal damage caused by misleading and deceptive online discourse through our fact-checking efforts.
- Line management of a team of five to seven European fact-checkers and point of escalation for their editorial, logistical, technical, and administrative concerns.
- Train and guide fact-checking team members to write fact-checks, analyses, and news articles to meet LF standards.
- Reviewing editorial content created by the team and ensuring an extremely high standard of accuracy and clarity in all our fact-checking output.
- Providing constructive and regular feedback to fact-checkers to improve their work.
- Responsible for resource allocation to ensure client work is fulfilled in a timely and qualitative manner
- Contributing and creating workflows, checklists, and guidelines needed to maintain standards Managing complaints and coordinating revisions or corrections.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Professional newsroom, fact-checking, or other editorial experience of at least 4-5 years
- Deep understanding of the misinfo and disinformation space and the main challenges and dynamics of the fact-checking industry
- Demonstrable experience managing a team of professionals in a news or media organization and the ability to lead a team of professional fact-checkers
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and strong language copy-writing skills
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to grasp new and complicated information quickly
- Ability to work well to tight deadlines and to prioritize tasks according to urgency and relevance
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to remain impartial and critical while reviewing complex and sensitive topics