The Greater Internet Freedom (GIF) project is hiring for a Lead Researcher
The lead researcher will spearhead and manage the research initiative along with the GIF team. They will liaise with the research advisory board, coordinate, and conduct the research along with program associates and regional coordinators of the GIF project.
This is a remote-based position. All remote candidates will be considered; however, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Align research methodologies with research goals;
- Lead the revision of GIF’s current research methodology;
- Develop a code for current interview transcripts, code transcripts, and produce relevant research findings and briefs;
- Develop and refine research questions for the second phase of the research, conduct interviews and focus groups with selected groups;
- Using a variety of tools, produce a creative and interactive outputs, such as practitioner stories, interactive graphics, short blogs, final research report, presentation deck and other non-traditional outputs.
- At least 5-years of research related work experience and at least 1 year experience as a lead researcher;
- Demonstrable experience conducting interviews, focus groups discussions, data analysis, and publications with policy implications and recommendations (non-academic publications preferred);
- Sound understanding and experience undertaking qualitative and quantitative research;
- Knowledge of ethical guidelines and experience working with and conducting research related to vulnerable communities;
- Demonstrated ability to manage time-bound research;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal in English;
- Experience conducting or being part of a global research project;
- A Master’s degree in social sciences or other related fields.
- Experience with participatory action research;
- Experience working with research advisory boards;
- Familiarity with the global digital rights and digital safety communities;
- Expertise related to understanding digital technologies and policies;
- Familiarity with data analysis tools.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume with links to their publications through the Taleo application portal. The cover letter should be no longer than one page and the resume no longer than 3 pages.