Tor Project is hiring for a Product Designer
The Tor Project, Inc., nonprofit organization advancing human rights and freedoms by creating and deploying free and open source anonymity and privacy technologies, is seeking a Product Designer to be a part of the User Experience & Design (UX) Team.
Hours of work
In this role, you will:
- Design and prototype new features for browser and circumvention apps on desktop and Android.
- Adhere to, maintain and expand our design systems.
- Support our developers to ensure product changes deliver the best possible user experience.
- Engage with users and translate their feedback to meaningful product improvements.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent proficiency with Figma and related design tools.
- Comprehensive understanding of platform conventions, UX patterns and common components.
- A great eye for detail and well organized design files.
- A history of working with comprehensive design systems.
- Experience designing for both desktop and mobile audiences.
- Experience conducting user research both remotely and in-person.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency in a non-English language, especially Chinese, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, and/or Spanish.
- A history of designing or advocating for the causes of free-software, open source technology, human-rights, privacy, censorship-circumvention or an interest in internet-freedom in general.
- Familiarity with the challenges faced by Internet users who are subject to surveillance and censorship.