Wikimedia Foundation is hiring for various positions
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit that hosts Wikipedia and their other free knowledge projects. Wikimedia Foundation wants to make it easier for everyone to share what they know. To do this, they keep Wikipedia and Wikimedia sites fast, reliable, and available to all. They protect the values and policies that allow free knowledge to thrive. They build new features and tools to make it easy to read, edit, and share from the Wikimedia sites. Above all, they support the communities of volunteers around the world who edit, improve, and add knowledge across Wikimedia projects. Check out their open vacancies.
Creative Associate, Online Fundraising
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Creative Associate (Contract), reporting to the Lead Creative Strategist, to develop and execute creative strategies that will grow our revenue base and strengthen our relationship with our donors. This role will involve working with the Fundraising Content Team to develop compelling and engaging fundraising content across a variety of channels, including banner appeals on Wikipedia, email, social media, and web.
You are responsible for:
- Collaborate with the Fundraising Content Team to conceptualize messaging goals for our fundraising campaigns
- Assist in the creation and revision of high-level messaging as well as day-to-day copy for a range of creative fundraising materials across channels
- Work within the parameters of our unique A/B testing program to generate growth through content optimization. This includes staying on top of A/B test results and contributing to some of the donor research work that informs our iterative process
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute creative ideas for new fundraising campaigns
- Help manage creative project timelines and ensure deliverables are met on time
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Creative Strategist
Digital Experience Senior Specialist
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Digital Experience Senior Specialist to join our team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Integrated Marketing.
This individual contributor role requires a mix of technical and project management expertise, as well as an ability to build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, solve problems quickly and creatively, and balance multiple assignments at the same time.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing, maintaining, and enhancing wikimediafoundation.org
- Assisting in the development of the yearly roadmap and strategic vision for wikimediafoundation.org, the Foundation’s public website, aligned with the Communications’ department objectives.
- Serving as the main point of contact for all Foundation website updates (for example, standing up new web pages, or tweaking existing content), including during time-sensitive situations.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on design, technical, and editorial tasks for the creation or updating of web content.
- Monitoring and ensuring website usability, health, performance, and security.
- Troubleshooting as needed, identifying and solving issues through positive collaboration with colleagues and vendors.
Lead UX Designer
The Product Design and Strategy Group at Wikimedia is looking for a Lead UX Designer with an expert understanding of user experience and product development processes to work within one of our multi-disciplinary product teams. You will lead all aspects of the user experience, partnering with the other product leads to conceive and execute upon the product strategy for your product team.
You will be responsible for
- Reducing complexity to create simple, delightful experiences for our users.
- Creating prototypes and running experiments to iteratively test your hypotheses.
- Using and evolving our design system and guidelines, to create new features from ideas on paper to implementation.
- Applying accessibility standards and guidelines to your designs.
- Collaborating with product managers and engineers to create product plans and maintain product design processes.
- Distilling complex concepts into easy to understand talking points to engage with our readers and communities throughout the design process.
Wikimedia Foundation All Hands 2018 – Myleen Hollero 32
Myleen Hollero / Wikimedia Foundation