European Digital Rights (EDRi) is an international not-for-profit association of 42 digital human rights organisations from across Europe and beyond. We defend and promote rights and freedoms in the digital environment, such as the right to privacy, personal data protection, freedom of expression, and access to information.
EDRi is looking for a talented and dedicated Senior Finance Officer to join EDRi’s team in Brussels. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing and well-respected NGO that is making a real difference in the defence and promotion of online rights and freedoms in Europe and beyond. The deadline to apply has been prolonged until to 7 February 2020.
As our new Senior Finance Officer, you will play an important role in advising and supporting the Executive Director on finance related matters and renewing and developing the efficiency of our internal budget. You will also play a key role in securing EDRi’s financial sustainability and our compliance and accountability towards donors. You will report to the Executive Director.
Your main tasks will include:
- Developing and implementing a new budget and monitoring system for financial management;
- Monitoring and maintaining project and office budgets;
- Preparing, monitoring, and amending budgets for funding applications in collaboration with the fundraising and other staff;
- Developing rules for the proper implementation of projects in accordance with donors´ requirements;
- Payment of wages and processing of all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment;
- Preparing the end of the year accounts and new year budgeting, and quarterly financial reports for the EDRi board;
- Keeping abreast of rules and regulations pertaining to Belgian ASBL / VZW
- Other finance-related duties as required.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- A relevant education in finance, accounting or equivalent;
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar role;
- Can understand complex financial situations and can define relevant financial structures and systems;
- An experienced user of Excel and a good knowledge of accounting software;
- Proficient in oral and written English, French and/or Dutch;
- Knowledge of the NGO sector (preferably at international level) and with foundation grants is an asset;
- Possess excellent knowledge of the Belgium legal framework for ASBL/VZW;
- Team player in an international environment;
- A permanent, part-time position;
- Salary in line with the NGO sector in Brussels
- A dynamic, multicultural and enthusiastic team of experts based in Brussels.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to transparency and inclusion. We strive to have a diverse and inclusive working environment.