European Digital Rights (EDRi) is an international not-for-profit association of 39 digital human rights organisations from across Europe. We defend and promote rights and freedoms in the digital environment, such as the right to privacy, freedom of expression, and access to information.
Join EDRi now and become a superhero for the defence of our rights and freedoms online!
The EDRi office is currently looking for two interns to support our Policy team in Brussels. This is your opportunity to get first-hand experience in EU policy-making and contribute to promote digital rights and freedoms across Europe. This six-month internship starts on 3 September 2018 and ends on 28 February 2019. The internship is paid 750,- EUR per month.
- Research and analysis on data protection, privacy, copyright; or on surveillance & law enforcement, freedom of expression and intermediary liability, net neutrality and digital trade;
- Monitoring and reporting about international, EU and national-related policy developments;
- Organising and participating in meetings and events;
- Writing articles for the EDRi-gram newsletter;
- Assisting with the preparation of draft reports, position papers, presentations and other internal and external documents;
- Development of public education materials;
- A demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for human rights and technology-related legal or policy issues;
- Good understanding of the EU decision-making;
- Experience in the fields of data protection, privacy, copyright, intermediary liability & freedom of expression, surveillance & law enforcement, net neutrality or digital trade would be an asset;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Fluent command of spoken and written English; other languages is a plus;
- Computer literacy; advanced technical knowledge is a plus.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a maximum one-page cover letter and a maximum two-page CV in English and in .pdf format to julien.bencze(at)edri.org by 1 July 2018.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to transparency and inclusion. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and we strive to have a diverse and inclusive working environment.
The closing date for applications is 1 July 2018. Please note that due to scarce resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find out more about Policy internships at EDRi.