EDRi-Gram – 10.4, 29 Feb 2012
- The Netlog and Scarlet/Sabam rulings & ACTA - what have we learned?
- More ISP blocking in different EU countries
- Internet communications heavily monitored by German intelligence services
- UK: Home Office spy plan
- Protect Coders' Rights!
- European data protection authorities: Google violates privacy rules
- Private copy levies draft law in Portugal
- EU standards reform: Carte blanche stifles open formats
- Twitter censors unfavourable Sarkozy accounts
- ENDitorial: Member States turn a drama into a crisis for Commissioner Malmström on data retention
- This article is also available in Deutsch: Lesestoff
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS): Merging professional drivers' driving licence with their driver card is not fully in line with data protection principles (17.02.2012)
Soon, the European Parliament is going to vote on the PNR Agreement with the US. The rapporteur, MEP Sophie in't Veld (ALDE), recommended to reject the Agreement in her draft report for the civil liberties committee (LIBE).http://www.nopnr.org/contact-your-mep/
Therefore, we need to contact our MEPs now, especially from the S&D group, and urge them to support MEP in't Velds recommendation. You can use our briefing paper (see link below) or other useful analysis such as from the Article 29 Working Group, NoPNR, Papers Please etc. Below you will also find a link to the list of MEPs in the LIBE Committee that should be contacted before the vote in the Committee which is planned for the 20 March.
Is the EU-US PNR Agreement acceptable?
List of MEPs in the LIBE committee
25.10.2013 Cyberpeace – FIfF Annual Meeting 2013Siegen, Germany
19.11.2013 Berlin Open Access Conference: 10th anniversary of the Berlin DeclarationBerlin, Germany
27.12.2013 30C3 – 30th Chaos Communication CongressHamburg, Germany
21.01.2014 Pre-CPDP annual NGO event on privacy & surveillanceMicrosoft Executive Briefing Center, Rue Montoyer 51, 1000 Brussels
22.01.2014 CPDP 2014: Reforming data protection: The Global PerspectiveBrussels, Belgium
01.02.2014 FOSDEM 2014Brussels, Belgium