EDRi is looking for a Communications trainee!
European Digital Rights (EDRi) is an international non-profit association of 33 digital civil rights organisations from 19 European countries. We defend and promote rights and freedoms in the digital environment, such as the right to privacy, freedom of expression, communication and access to information.
EDRi is looking for a trainee who will be actively involved in crafting EDRi’s communications, visuals and messaging. The traineeship will go from 1 December 2015 to 31 May 2016. The communications trainee will be supporting the policy team with press releases and the distribution of our policy work to the public via our website and social media. He/she will also be supporting the Managing Director in the organisation of events and the communication with EDRi’s members. He/she will also be responsible for the editing and publishing of the organisation’s bi-weekly newsletter.
- Creating material (infographics, videos etc) and content that will be used on EDRi’s social media accounts and website;
- Contributing to EDRi’s social media accounts;
- Reviewing, editing and updating blogs and online materials;
- Creating the layouts of reports, presentations and other internal documents;
- Preparing and sending of the EDRi-gram newsletter;
- Supporting the drafting of press releases;
- Organising and participating in events.
- Fluency in English (French, German, Spanish or other European languages is a plus);
- Computer and social media literacy;
- Excellent command of graphic design and desktop publishing tools;
- Good writing and editing skills;
- Enthusiasm for civil liberties or technology-related legal issues.
To apply, please send a maximum one-page cover letter and a maximum two-page CV to
The closing date for applications is the 2 Oct 2015.