We’re looking for a policy intern!
EDRi is looking for an intern to support our advocacy team, located in Brussels. The internship will go from mid-March/beginning of April mid-July 2017, and is paid 750,- EUR per month.
European Digital Rights (EDRi) is an international non-profit association of 31 digital civil rights organisations from across Europe. We defend and promote rights and freedoms in the digital environment, such as the right to privacy, freedom of expression, and access to information.
Join EDRi now and become a superhero for the defense of our rights and freedoms online!
- Research and analysis on a range of policy topics, such as surveillance and law enforcement, intermediary liability and freedom of expression, net neutrality, trade agreements, etc.;
- Monitoring international, EU and national related policy developments;
- Organising and participating in meetings and events;
- Assisting with writing of the EDRi-gram newsletter;
- Assisting with preparing draft reports, presentations and other internal and external documents;
- Assisting with preparing communication tasks;
- Development of public education materials.
- Find out more about internships at EDRi
- A demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for human rights and technology-related legal issues;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Fluent command of spoken and written English;
- Computer literacy.
How to apply:
To apply please send a maximum one page cover letter and a maximum two page CV in English and as pdf (other formats – such as doc and docx – will not be accepted) to julien.bencze(at)edri.org
We welcome and encourage applications from all parts of our society!
The closing date for applications is the 12 March. The interviews take place 13-15 March 2017, starting date is as soon as possible – 1 April at the latest.