We need a Communications & Community intern for 2018
European Digital Rights (EDRi) is an international not-for-profit association of 35 digital human rights organisations from across Europe. We defend and promote rights and freedoms in the digital environment, such as the right to privacy, freedom of expression, and access to information.
Join EDRi now and become a superhero for the defense of our rights and freedoms online!
The EDRi office in Brussels is currently looking for an intern to support the Communications Manager, the Community Coordinator as well as the Managing Director. Firstly, the internship will focus on campaigning and publications, offering an opportunity to learn the techniques and strategies used in press outreach and the production of a variety of written materials including EDRi’s successful bi-weekly newsletter, the EDRi-gram. Secondly, the intern will assist the team with tasks in support of our national member organisations.
The internship will begin on 3 March 2018 and end mid-July (13 or 20 July) with a monthly remuneration of 750 EUR.
- assistance with the writing and editing of the EDRi-gram newsletter;
- contributions to EDRi’s social media presence;
- research and writing of press releases, blogposts, newsletter articles, campaign material;
- design and creation of visual campaign material;
- development of educational materials;
- maintenance and improving EDRi’s communications tools (e.g. wiki, website);
- assistance with the network development;
- coordination of pro bono translations via EDRi’s pool of volunteers;
- assistance with event organisation and logistics;
- assistace of the Managing Director with ad hoc research and administrative tasks.
- IT & web: social media, WordPress, MediaWiki and image editing software;
- excellent research and writing skills;
- fluent command of spoken and written English;
- experience in communications, journalism, media or public relations;
- a demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for online activism and campaigning for digital human rights.
How to apply:
To apply please send a maximum one-page cover letter and a maximum two-page CV (only PDFs are accepted) by email to julien.bencze[at]edri.org. Closing date for applications is 14 January 2018. Interviews with selected candidates will take place end January / beginning of February, and the decision will be taken by 2 February.
Please note that there is the possibility to continue in this position as a full-time substitute for a maternity leave after the internship. If you are interested in this opportunity, please indicate this in your application.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to transparency and inclusion. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and we strive to have a diverse and inclusive working environment.