We are looking for a Community & Communications intern
European Digital Rights (EDRi) is an international not-for-profit association of 31 digital human rights organisations from across Europe. We defend and promote rights and freedoms in the digital environment, such as the right to privacy, freedom of expression, communication and access to information.
Join EDRi now and become a superhero for the defense of our rights and freedoms online!
The EDRi office in Brussels is currently looking for an intern to support the Communications and Community Manager as well as the Managing Director. Firstly, the internship will focus on campaigning and publications, offering an opportunity to learn the techniques and strategies used in press outreach and the production of a variety of written materials including EDRi’s successful bi-weekly newsletter, the EDRi-gram. Secondly, the intern will assist the team with administrative tasks in support of our national member organisations.
The internship will begin on January 2017 and go on for 3-6 months. You will receive a monthly remuneration of 750 EUR.
- assistance with writing of the EDRi-gram newsletter;
- design and creation of visual campaign material;
- development of educational materials;
- research and writing of press releases, blogposts, newsletter articles, campaign material;
- contributions to EDRi’s social media presence;
- maintenance and improving EDRi’s communications tools (e.g. wiki, website);
- logistical support for the Brussels exchange programme for EDRi’s national members.
- IT & web: social media, image editing software, wordpress and MediaWiki;
- excellent research and writing skills;
- fluent command of spoken and written English;
- experience in communications, journalism, media or public relations;
- a demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for online activism and campaigning for digital human rights.
How to apply:
To apply please send a maximum one-page cover letter and a maximum two-page CV (only PDFs are accepted) by email to michela.petruzzo[at]edri.org. Closing date for applications is 20 November 2016.