“Cultural Flow (s) and Mobility in the Age of Media Convergence”
EDRi's member Alternatif Bilişim hopes to come together with you around the following or other themes at the 5th New Media Studies National Congress, which will be held in Adana between 4-5 November 2021, in a way to enable the discussion of the versatility of these localities and cultural flows.
- Global to local, local to global cultural circulation / flows
- New possibilities in the intercultural or transcultural space
- Digital media cultures
- New media practices in transnational and transnational space
- New forms of media mobility developing between local and global
- New media and cultural policies in the flows between local and global
- New media usage and environments in the axis of sustainable communication and ecology debates
- Micro historiography questioning centralization and centralization
- The role of transnational new media for immigrant communities and in the diasporic field
- Time and space compression and “value” of acceleration and new media environments
- Progress myth and “new” media environments
- Information bombardment and data smoke
- The role of cultural flows in the production / construction of news and new media
- Cultural flows and platform capitalism
- Media archeology as a digital method that transcends historical boundaries
- Digital methods in researching cultural flows
Who can participate?
It is open to all researchers and experts working in the field who are interested in the topics listed above and other topics related to these topics.
Deadline for Submission of Abstracts: 24 May 2021
Announcement of Accepted Papers: 30 June 2021