Freedom Not Fear 2022
Freedom not Fear – the most inspiring self-organised conference on digital rights and freedoms in Europe – is ambitiously aiming for a presence event in Brussels this year. Join the process of creating Freedom Not Fear 2022!
2–5 September (Friday–Monday)
Mundo B, Rue d’Edimbourg 26, Brussels (Fri–Sun) · European Parliament (Mon)
- Venue: Mundo B, Rue d’Edimbourg 26, Brussels (OpenStreetMap)
- Hotel: Adagio Access Brussels Europe, 12 rue de l’Industrie, Brussels (OpenStreetMap)
- European Parliament (EP): 60 rue Wiertz / Wiertzstraat 60, Brussels (OpenStreetMap)
Who can take part / receive support
- The FNF (un)conference on Friday, Saturday and Sunday is open for everyone. However, since we are focusing on EU policy and meeting your MEPs, our main target group is EU citizens.
- To take part in the official EP visit, and receive allowances, you must be a citizen of an EU member state, a former EU member state or an EU candidate country. For the application you need to provide name, complete private address, nationality and date of birth.
- If you are not a citizen of a current or former EU member state or an EU candidate country, but live in a current or former EU member state or an EU candidate country, please contact us BEFORE registering, because we would need to hand in your relevant residence permits for approval.
- People who are a resident in a third country cannot benefit from financial support by the EP. If you reside in a neighbouring EU country, please contact us BEFORE registering, because we would need to apply for an exemption (derogation) at the MEPs’ office.
Option 1: No EP visit, no (travel) allowance:
Freedom not Fear 2022 is self-organised and free, you do not need to register to take part in the conference at Mundo B from Friday to Sunday evening. If you do not register, please e-mail us at to let us know when you are planning to come, so we can plan for food and room capacity.
Option 2: EP visit & (travel) allowance:
By registering you benefit from a reimbursement of your actual travel expenses (see “Travel reimbursement”) and optional affordable accommodation arranged by us. For any allowance you MUST take part in the official EP visit on Monday 10:00–11:30. No show = no money. If you want to take part in the EP visit, you MUST register before 12 August 2022 via this form: https://civi.digitalcourage.de/fnf22
Registration fee & expenses
We are asking for a registration fee of 50 € for the expenses we need to cover in in advance, such as venue hire, hotel booking and catering. During the event we will kindly request your donation for lunches and our joint dinner on Saturday evening as well as donations to support organisational expenses. However, we will not charge anything, contributions are highly appreciated but voluntarily. After the event you may receive a reimbursement of your actual travel expenses plus an allowance of up to 100 €, see below for conditions.