Join the Digital Rights Job Fair
Meet leading organizations at the intersection of technology, human rights, and social justice, working on the most important issues facing our world.
- 16 June 2022
Join the Digital Rights Job Fair organised by Team Community to:
- Expand your network and learn about the opportunities available in the digital rights field, whether you are a seasoned professional or just starting your career.
- Learn how your skillset can be useful to organizations advancing digital rights and internet freedom worldwide! We are looking for all types of profiles and backgrounds. Folks new to the digital rights field are highly encouraged to come!
Space is limited, so RSVP in the form below soon!
Come prepared by checking out popular Digital Rights Job Board, and have questions ready for recruiters!
Who Should Participate?
Ideal candidates come from all disciplines, ranging from community organizers to researchers to technologists. What they share in common is a desire to work in an authentically diverse field that supports activists, journalists and citizen advocates from around the world, who are facing next generation issues brought on by technology.
In addition, participants can be based anywhere in the world because many of the participating organizations have distributed teams, with staff based in various regions. If you are new to the digital rights field, this is a great opportunity to connect with amazing organizations and see what jobs are available! We strongly encourage the participation of people who speak one or more languages, and are from underrepresented groups and/or diaspora communities. There is also a great need for young technologists looking to start their career in Internet Freedom spaces.
What Organizations are Participating?
Participating organizations work on issues ranging from online censorship to surveillance, disinformation, online harassment, whistleblowing, Internet freedom, and the protection of groups such as activists, journalists, women, and sexual minorities, among others. They understand the impact the Internet is having on our societies, and are motivated to advocate for a free and open Internet where individuals, no matter where they come from, can express themselves safely and securely online, without fear of repercussions. While the list may grow in coming week, confirmed participating organizations include:
Sample of roles being recruited:
- Communications professionals
- Community builders and organizers
- Privacy and security education specialists, including digital security trainers and educators
- Grants managers
- Finance Professionals
- Product managers
- Diverse Researchers, ranging from computer scientists to social scientists to UX experts.
- Technologist including:
- Systems administrators
- Tool Developers
- Android OS developers
The Job Fair will include an opening presentation with information on how to break into the digital rights space, as well as our most recent research on how to improve the health of individuals and networks in the digital rights community. This includes information on Labor Rights and mental health.
Find more details regarding this event here.