EDRi-Gram – 10.24, 19 Dec 2012
- ECtHR: Blocking Google Sites in Turkey breaches human rights
- WCIT: what happened and what it means for the Internet
- Innovation at risk in EU - the EU unitary patent adopted by EP
- EC decided: no need for more databases for law enforcement
- The European Parliament supports net neutrality
- Companies abuse a loophole in data protection law
- UK government said no to default filtering for online pornography
- Digitale Gesellschaft promotes net neutrality with Vodafail actions
- Export Controls for Digital Weapons
- ENDitorial: Global alliance against CP – no disconnect with reality?
- Austrian Constitutional Court has reservations against data retention and turns to the CJEU (18.12.2012)
- "Voluntary enforcement" vs legal restrictions - what rules apply? (11.12.2012)
- During the past two weeks, EDRi participated in video-conferences organised by European Commission representatives in Dubai.
- UK: Social media guidelines for prosecutors welcomed but practical application remains to be seen (19.12.2012)
- Dear Facebook: Without the Commons, We Lose the Sharing Web (14.12.2012)
- ULD issues orders against Facebook because of mandatory real names (17.12.2012)
- Code of EU Online Rights (17.12.2012)
This article is also available in Deutsch: Mitmachen!https://www.crowd4privacy.org/
Europe vs. Facebook will soon reach the point where the Irish data protection authority will make a final and legally binding decision, effecting every user of Facebook. It is likely that the outcome will not really be in favour of the users but in favour of Facebook.
Your donation can make a difference beyond the individual case of Facebook. The case has good chances to become a landmark decision, influencing the future of online privacy in Europe and the world.
25.10.2013 Cyberpeace – FIfF Annual Meeting 2013Siegen, Germany
19.11.2013 Berlin Open Access Conference: 10th anniversary of the Berlin DeclarationBerlin, Germany
27.12.2013 30C3 – 30th Chaos Communication CongressHamburg, Germany
21.01.2014 Pre-CPDP annual NGO event on privacy & surveillanceMicrosoft Executive Briefing Center, Rue Montoyer 51, 1000 Brussels
22.01.2014 CPDP 2014: Reforming data protection: The Global PerspectiveBrussels, Belgium
01.02.2014 FOSDEM 2014Brussels, Belgium