2016: Important consultations for digital rights
Last update: 2 November 2016. Like every year, EDRi aims at engaging civil society, our readers and supporters to respond to public consultations launched by EU institutions and bodies, as well as international organisations. Public consultations are unique opportunities to influence policy-making at an early stage.
In this blogpost, you can find all the public consultations which we deemed to be relevant for digital rights in 2016 (see the ones from last year here). We will update this blogpost with EDRi responses and other information that can help you be engaged.
* Public Consultation on draft BEREC Work Programme 2017.
Deadline: 2 November 2016
* Public Consultation on UN Special Rapporteur David Kaye’s Study on Telecommunications and Internet Access Sector.
Deadline: 1 November 2016
* Public Consultation on the European C-ITS Initiative
Deadline: 15 September 2016
* Public consultation: Annual Colloquium on Fundamental Rights on ‘Media Pluralism and Democracy’
Deadline: 21 July 2016
* Public consultation on draft BEREC Guidelines on implementation of net neutrality rules.
Deadline: 18 July 2016.
1. EDRi’s response, which suggests specific amendments.
2. Policy analysis of the draft guidelines.
* Public consultation on opportunities for a co-ordinated introduction of 5G networks in Europe
Deadline: 11 July
* Public consultation on the evaluation and Review of the ePrivacy Directive
Deadline: 5 July 2016
* Public consultation on the role of publishers in the copyright value chain and on the ‘panorama exception’
Deadline: 15 June 2016
* Public consultation on a proposal for a mandatory Transparency Register
Deadline: 1 June 2016
The Alliance for Lobbying Transparency and Ethics Regulation (ALTER-EU) has produced an outline response to the consultation, which might give you ideas for your own submission.
* Public online consultation on the evaluation and modernisation of the legal framework for the enforcement of intellectual property rights (IPR)
Deadline: 15 April 2016
* Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights’s consultation on Human rights and preventing and countering violent extremism: best practices and lessons learned
Deadline: 11 April 2016
EDRi’s response (1)
EDRi’s response (2)
* Trade in Services Agreement (TiSA) stakeholders survey conducted by Ecorys for the European Commission
Deadline: 31 March 2016
* Public consultation on the transparency of Trilogues
Deadline: 31 March 2016
* Public stakeholder consultation on next phase of EU-US cooperation in eHealth/Health IT
Deadline: 15 March 2016
* Public consultation on the public-private partnership on cybersecurity and possible accompanying measures
Deadline 11 March 2016
* UN Special Rapporteur for Freedom of Opinion and Expression – Call for submissions: Freedom of expression and the private sector in the digital age
Deadline: 29 January 2016
* Public online consultation on a new eGovernment action plan 2016-2020
Deadline: 22 January 2016