EDRi-gram 16.16, 29 August 2018
- What’s your trustworthiness according to Facebook? Find out!
- US companies to implement better privacy for website browsing
- Can you do independent research without being independent?
- Women on Waves: how internet companies police our speech
- ENDitorial: The European Commission is talking “tough on terror”. Again.
- The Untold Story of NotPetya, the Most Devastating Cyberattack in History
- Facebook Fueled Anti-Refugee Attacks in Germany, New Research Suggests
Mark your calender and prepare for a political trip to Brussels!https://www.freedomnotfear.org/2018/freedom-not-fear-2018-contribute-your-session
Freedom not Fear is an annual meeting for civil rights activists from all across Europe. Representatives from non-governmental organisations meet in Brussels for four days to work for freedom in the digitised
world. We plan action and we take action against increasing surveillance and other attacks on civil rights. We want to live in freedom, not in fear.
The deadline for applications is 14 September 2018.https://digitalegesellschaft.de/2018/08/stellenanzeige-advocacy-manager/
21.09.2018 “Das ist Netzpolitik!” Conference #14npBerlin, Germany
21.09.2018 Freedom not FearBrussels, Belgium
22.09.2018 Symposium Datenspuren 2018Dresden, Germany
28.09.2018 #FIfFKon18 Brave New WorldBerlin, Germany
28.09.2018 Data Ethics ForumCopenhagen, Denmark
05.10.2018 CopyCamp 2018Warsaw, Poland