EDRi-gram 16.18, 26 September 2018
- Five reasons to be concerned about the Council ePrivacy draft
- ECtHR gives a half-hearted victory against UK mass surveillance
- Will the evaluation of the net neutrality rules be balanced?
- UK counter-terrorism law would restrict freedom of expression
- Anatomy of an AI system - from the Earth’s crust to our homes
- Press release: UK intelligence agency admits unlawfully spying on Privacy International (25.09.2018)
- The European Parliament Voted FOR the Article 13 #CensorshipMachine: What Happens Next?
The EDRi member Chaos Computer Club’s (CCC) 35th annual Chaos Communication Congress (35C3) will bring thousands of hackers, technology freaks, artists, and utopians get together in Leipzig to communicate, learn from each other, and party together on 27-30 December. Submit your talk by 15 October!https://events.ccc.de/2018/09/11/35c3-call-for-participation-and-submission-guidelines/
EDRi member Open Rights Group (ORG) is organising a hackday on Saturday 13 October in London, and looking for developers and designers to work with the dataset and API to imagine and develop creative ways that a new Data Rights Finder tool could be used to help people with challenges around data use and protection.https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/data-rights-finder-hackday-tickets-50117135702
28.09.2018 #FIfFKon18 Brave New WorldBerlin, Germany
28.09.2018 Data Ethics ForumCopenhagen, Denmark
05.10.2018 CopyCamp 2018Warsaw, Poland
08.10.2018 Women Code FestivalBrussels, Belgium
13.10.2018 Data Rights Finder HackdayLondon, United Kingdom
12.11.2018 Internet Governance ForumParis, France