EDRi-gram 16.21, 7 November 2018
- Welcoming our new Executive Director Claire Fernandez!
- NGOs urge Austrian Council Presidency to finalise e-Privacy reform
- The GDPR Today – Stats, news and tools to make data protection a reality
- UN Special Rapporteur analyses AI’s impact on human rights
- My Data Done Right launched: check your data!
- Brussels up close – Experiences from the EDRi exchange programme
- Facebook fails political ads tests several times
- Who will oppose mandatory fingerprinting for identity cards? (November 2018)
- Handbook on European data protection law (2018)
"Platforms, Politics, Participation" - the 7th annual Privacy Camp will take place on 29 January 2019 in Brussels, Belgium, just before the start of the CPDP conference. We are now welcoming panel proposals related to the broad theme of platforms. Besides classic panel proposals we are also seeking short contributions for our workshop “Situating Platforms: User Narratives”. Visit https://privacycamp.eu/ for contributions guidelines. The deadline for all submissions is 18 November 2018. #PrivacyCamp19https://privacycamp.eu/?p=931
GDPR Today is the new info hub on the functioning of the EU datahttps://www.gdprtoday.org/
protection law. Visit today at: gdprtoday.org
Time to submit your proposals for the 2019 IFF! We have new themes, newhttps://platform.internetfreedomfestival.org/
formats and new roar (stay tuned for the wild new visual identity!).
This year, you’ll be able to request travel support from the Diversity &
Inclusion Fund directly from the Call for Proposals form. Deadline to
submit your session(s) is November 9.
Remember that submitting a sessions does not guarantee a ticket to the
IFF. The opportunity to secure your ticket will come in the following
12.11.2018 Internet Governance ForumParis, France
11.12.2018 Fourteenth conference e-Society.mk: Media literate citizens for accountable institutionsSkopje, the Republic of Macedonia
27.12.2018 35th Chaos Communication CongressLeipzig, Germany
22.01.2019 Dutch Big Brother Awards 2018Amsterdam. the Netherlands
29.01.2019 Privacy Camp 2019 – Platforms, Politics, ParticipationBrussels, Belgium
30.01.2019 CPDP2019: Data Protection and DemocracyBrussels, Belgium